cultureprobe : coaching . consultancy . creative research
I have worked independently for several years specialising in creative nature-based and mindfulness-based approaches to coaching, facilitation, consultancy and research. My interest is in supporting individuals and organisations to be in more harmonious relationship with the natural world.
I teach mindfulness meditation in workplaces, mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) courses, and nature awareness workshops, courses and retreats.
Extensive experience of working as a freelance consultant and as part of project teams with cultural, arts & heritage organisations, networks and funding bodies across the UK since 2001:
- Organisational development, training and facilitation
- Management research, project evaluation, professional development research
- Project management and fundraising
- Strategic marketing, audience development, cultural diversity, public/community engagement
- Knowledge exchange workshop, seminar and conference organising
- Individual and team coaching at all organisational levels
Also worked in UK music and events industry from 1991-2004:
- Event and festival management
- Radio/club DJ, club promoter (Haçienda Manchester); record label management, A&R, promotions and band management
- Producer of pilot TV music show The Next Level showcasing late 1990s Manchester black music culture scene. A creatively groundbreaking production then and still unlike anything screened since
This breadth of experience together with a systems thinking approach enables me to make creative connections and cross-fertilise ideas for new ways of thinking and working.
Manchester 2002 Commonwealth Games cultural programme, Arts Council England, Craft Scotland, Natural History Museum, National Museums Liverpool, Manchester University, Salford Royal Hospital, Liverpool Biennial, Manchester Museum, Renaissance North West museums hub, Mersey Forest, Lancaster University Management School, Lancashire County Council School Improvement Service
Currently working as social researcher with the Scottish Government, on issues relating to housing, energy efficiency, fuel poverty & health.
Previously Science Officer in the Technical Support Unit of Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change, Working Group II (impacts, vulnerability & adaptation) with responsibility for social science and psychology.